Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Grocery Deal of the Week, February 3

I haven't posted a grocery deal in a while, but this week I scored on Campbell's Chunky Soup, which was on sale at Safeway for 99 cents per can, limit 10. My new soup philosophy is to buy as much as possible when there are sales and coupons, no matter how much I have on hand because 1) it stores well for a long time, and 2) there is so much of the year when you just can't get soup coupons and it never seems to go on sale.

I had enough coupons that I went to two different Safeways and bought my limit twice. Considering how quickly this goes in my house (my boys have been known to have a can of the Sirloin Burger with Country Vegetables flavor for breakfast), this was a no-brainer. My cost per can was right around 82 cents, after the different coupon denominations.