Monday, February 9, 2009

Grocery Deal of the Week, February 9

So, this week was the time that I made an exception to my Albertson's rule, which is: "Only buy things that are at least 50% off original price." This week, Albertson's had 4 coupons, each of which were good for doubling one coupon up to $1.00. I had several things on my list this week that I needed, but which were not necessarily on the greatest sale at either Albertson's or Safeway. So, I chose to buy them at Albertson's because I had coupons for them, and was able to double my savings that way.

If I were really following the Grocery Game principles, I should never have to buy something that is not at its rock-bottom price. But, every now and then I still do. So, using my Alby's double coupons made the best of things.

I just finished reading Shop Smart, Save More by Teri Gault, the founder of the Grocery Game. If you don't want to pay the small monthly fee or don't live in an area served by the Grocery Game, I really recommend that you read this. It teaches the ins and outs of the GG so you can do it on your own if you want to.