Monday, January 11, 2010

Yum! Bison Tacos!


Just thought I would report on a meal I made with some of the ground bison that I got for such a deal last week. The other night, I made tacos using one pound of 94% lean ground beef and one pound of bison. I used 2 packets of Taco Bell taco seasoning mix. The unanimous verdict: DEELICIOUS!!! My family of 4 devoured this. We barely had any meat left over. You don't taste these and say "oh, this must be bison." The bison, to me at least, tastes like beef should taste. Very flavorful without overpowering the seasonings. Add taco shells, grated cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Perfect-o!

On a side note, as I was surfing the web to find the image of the taco mix, I found that amazon.com has them for much cheaper than I can get in my grocery store. I bought them at Safeway last week on sale for 99 cents each. On amazon, I got a pack of 24 (which will last me about a year, considering we do tacos about once a month and use 2 packets each time) for $15.71, or $0.65 per packet. And, because our household has a subscription to Amazon Prime (which I will discuss in more detail in a future post, I got 2-day shipping for free).