Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cashing In Rewards Points

A month or so ago, I decided to cash in our 400 Chase Freedom reward points for $500 in cash. I usually cash our points in whenever we get 400 (about once a year), and use the cash for some of the extras that would stretch our budget otherwise.

This year we are using the extra money to pay for letterman jacket patches for our oldest son, who is a very accomplished swimmer. I tell ya, I wish I knew how to make these patches! They charge by the letter. I spent about $375 to have two patches made, and that doesn't count getting them attached to the jacket.

Maybe my biggest problem is having a son who needs things like the following on his jacket:

1ST TEAM ALL KINGCO
DISTRICT III CHAMPS
1ST PLACE 200 MED REL, 400 FREE REL, 200 IM
2A STATE 2ND PLACE
2ND PLACE 200 MR, 400 FR
4TH PLACE 100 BACK, 200 IM
etc.

Do you think I should tell him to stop swimming so fast? Nah, this may just pay for college!