Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home Haircuts

My husband has always had his mom cut his hair, aside from when he was away at college and on his LDS mission. But, his mom is getting older and hubby wanted to relieve her of that particular duty. But, he didn't want to go to the barbershop. So, he bought a set of hair clippers from amazon.com, and decided to do it himself. The set was about $45 and paid for itself after just one haircut for all three of the males in the household. Now, mind you, none of them have really difficult hair styles. Both boys, being swimmers, keep their hair pretty short all over. Hubby likes his hair short, too. For our family, this was a wise investment.

Home haircutting is not for everyone. If it were up to me to do the barbering, we'd still be trotting down to our local barber shop for $15 haircuts. I just don't have the knack for it. My husband, on the other hand, truly does. He does a better job on his own hair than I could ever do on his hair (we know this through trial and error).

So, my point?? Give it a try. Or, find someone who knows how to do it and have them teach you. Over the years, this will be something that really pays off.