Sunday, March 7, 2010

Amazon Prime Shipping

As I mentioned a while back, my husband buys a ton of DVDs from amazon.com. In fact, he's pretty much quit going to Best Buy and Target for them, because Amazon can almost always match (or beat) the brick-and-mortar stores' prices. Just before Christmas, he was offered a free 30-day trial of Amazon's Prime Shipping service, which gives you free 2-day shipping on anything sold by Amazon, or anything sold by a reseller that is fulfilled by Amazon. After the 30-day trial period was over, he immediately signed up for it. It is $79 per year, and like I said, gives you free 2-day shipping as well as expedited shipping at a discounted price. What's really great is that he can share this membership with family members. In addition to our two separate amazon.com accounts, his mother also has an amazon.com account, and we can all use the Prime shipping.

I have to say this is really handy. A few weeks ago, when I noticed that Amazon had a great price on the taco seasoning my family loves, I didn't have to order enough to qualify for their standard Super Saver shipping. When I was looking for a particular seat for use on bleachers, I was made sure to pick a seller that was fulfilled by Amazon, and 2 days later I was sitting in comfort at my son's swim meet.

This Prime shipping membership will more than pay for itself over the course of the year. It makes it very easy to take advantage of the great prices you can find on practically anything at amazon.com.