Thursday, April 29, 2010

Too Much Real Life, Not Enough Frugality

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. As you have probably guess, I go on jags with this blog and queue up a bunch of posts all at once. Good thing, too, as my life got insanely busy in mid-March, and really hasn't calmed down all that much. Aside from our regularly-scheduled insanity, I was spending a lot of time working with a coalition of high school sports parents from across the school district. Our district was threatening to cut several sports programs--including the most important sport in our household, swimming--to save money, and we were not about to let that happen. Thankfully, swimming, wrestling, gymnastics, and golf survived the budget cut process. Good thing. If swimming had been cut for my oldest son's senior season, it would have been a disaster.

We went on a 9-day vacation over Spring Break to see my family and to attend a college reunion, and I haven't yet recovered from that. Sometimes vacations are too much fun.

I feel like between the vacation (rental cars, accommodations, food, baggage check fees) and various and sundry expenses since that time (a new inducer motor for our furnace, for starters) that I'm not practicing my best frugality skills. But, I am recommitting right now and hope to get another queue of posts going.

Thanks for reading!